Friday, August 29, 2014

Fargo (FX Series)



I'm happy to hear Fargo took home the Emmy for best miniseries. I just finished the last episode, and it was perfect! From the moment I started the series, till just now. I was constantly glued to the television!

Having a full cast of comedians play (some what) serious rolls is a smart move on the creators part. It fit the tone well and you never knew what was coming next. Fargo keeps the same feel of the Coen brothers film, while at the same time delving into its own world and pulling out a completely new story involving some great original characters. I'm definitely going to keep a look out for more of Noah Hawley future work.

I'm very interested in season 2 now. So far all I know is that it will be primarily set in Sioux Falls, S.D., in 1979, with some of the story taking place in Luverne, MN. A new actor will play the younger version of Lou Solverson at age 33, newly back in the States from Vietnam. (a story that was briefly touched upon during the first season)

Do yourself a favor and check out Fargo when it lands on bluray and dvd October 14th.



No comments:

Post a Comment