Thursday, September 4, 2014

Joan Rivers (1933 – 2014)


Man, I'm really bummed about all these celebrity deaths this summer.

Joan Rivers is officially gone. This saddens me dearly. A lot of people only knew her as that old woman with a ton of plastic surgery on the red carpet. But she was so much more then that! She was one hell of a stand up comic, and was one of the first woman to really knock the pants off of some of the well known male comics with a smile. She launched The Late Show where she (like most comics) poked a lot of fun at herself and did till the day she passed.

One thing I will always respect about her is that she always tried to stay current and push towards the future. Not scoff at everything and be and angry old bitty.

Here is one of my favorite recent moments of Joan's. She interviewed Eric Andre on her web show "In Bed with Joan." Eric's a very "different" and at times, vulgar comic that Joan opens her arms wide to and enjoys every minute of. Every time I think of it, it puts a smile on my face.

We'll all miss ya, ya old bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment