Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumplestiltskin - Evil Genius Beer Company (Review)




Pumplestiltskin - Evil Genius Beer Company 


Place of Origin / Brewer: Pennsylvania 

Beer style / ABV%: Malt brewed, 4.7%

At first glance this almost looks like a pineapple beer. But that would just be the yellow hops on the label with an adorable Rumpelstiltskin peaking over a pumpkin. This beer is just as devious as the label itself!

This is the lightest beer in the Evil Genius fall family. A light color matching with the Belgian blonde brewed taste. This one captures the smell of fall. Very rich. You can almost smell the cloves. A light mouth feel helps the beer to be used for any occasion weather you are having it with a meal or just watching a scary movie in October.

This ale caught me off guard. At first sip it was refreshing, light and almost a hint of citrus taste. Something I had never tasted in a pumpkin ale before. Around the fifth or sixth sip I started to be unsure. As I was cooking dinner, the wonderful taste came back (I guess you just have to get used to it.) The balance is extraordinary! Evil Genius really did a good job of balancing the Belgian yeast with cloves, pumpkin and other assorted spices. I don't think this is one I could have too often, but it is a real treat when the occasion arises.


Giving this one a 7.6

No comments:

Post a Comment