Saturday, August 13, 2011

First fall beer of the season (Magic Hat's HEX)



As some of you may know, I'm a beer junkie. Especially for fall brews. I go gaga when I see Shipyard's Pumpkinhead in stores. I love the taste of pumpkin beers to death! After a while though, the taste starts to get to me since I don't stop drinking them once released from the breweries. (they started shipping two weeks ago to store and won't stop till Oct 31st) That's why I've been on the hunt for rich tasting fall ales that are not loaded with pumpkin. Magic Hat tends to put out a seasonal package called the Night of the Living Dead 12 pack. It's pretty much a Halloween party pack. It includes Magic Hat #9, hI.P.A., Humble Patients and of course Magic Hat's fall beer Hex. Hex is not to bad. It has more of a bitter taste then most fall beers but keeps that Magic Hat rich taste. But after the first beer it can get kind of bland.

MAGIC HAT'S HEX: OURTOBERFEST get's a C+


I think I may post a review on all the fall beers I drink on here, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment